Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Gingies!!!

I love making gingerbread men, I'm not being sexist, I would make women too if I had the cutter for it.

One of my favorite friends and blogger Nonnahs came over for a visit and helped us- shes here to spend the week back in her hometown, Yay!

We did only a couple as I my allergies got the best of me today, the rest (when we get around to doing them, will go to C-boys preschool for each child, won't they be impressed by the amount of sugar the kids put on. My goodness, cavity starters if I ever saw one.


Although baking in the kitchen with the monsters is a fun treat(in other words nuts), most times I try to get around doing the prep part (measuring, sifting and mixing) without them by quietly doing it myself and then telling them when its time to decorate, which is what I did this time...the decorating is the fun part anyway. The dog enjoyed the bits that inevitably fell to the floor. And there was LOTS.

I used Martha Stewarts basic gingerbread recipe but cut back on the ginger and eliminated the pepper then added about three tablespoons more sugar, since the last time I made it the kids said it was too spicy. It turned out much better and kid friendly. Sorry Martha(I'm sure she'll get over it).

Aunty Nonnahs also brought these adorable ornaments from Crate and Barrel, one for each of the 12 days of Christmas, so cute! Perfect for our mini tree by the front door.

Thank you! Thank you! Love it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely ornaments and yummy gingerbread! Thanks for the recipe hints!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was worried, because I knew you had already decorated your tree, but leave it to you to have TWO trees! :) The one gingie-dude we ate was yum- I'm sure C-boy's school pals will love them!