Monday, September 25, 2006

10 things I learned on vacation

I just got back from Vegas with my mom and sis on Saturday night. Tired. But there are some very important things I have learned from this trip.

1. If you are a Beatles fan it is neccessary, if not required, you go see Cirque Du Soleil - The Beatles, at the Mirage Hotel. If you are not a Beatles fan and you see this, you will become one.

2. Sleep deprivation will not catch up to you until precisely 24 hours to the minute after you have stepped off the plane and children are climbing all over you and you have a 1 year old birthday party to attend.

3. The black cloud that looms over your head as you gamble does not go away just because you think happy positve thoughts. Snide rude remarks to the poker machine don't help either, but it will make you feel better.

4. Although I make fun of them, I am lost without my husband and my monsters.

5. Shopping like a maniac for four days is fun. Period.

6. When someone tells you and your sister that you look like twins be faster and louder to shout out, "I'm YOUNGER!!" before your lying older sister does.

7. My hair is happy and a wonderful friend in Nevada, my hair is nuts and mean and spiteful to me at home.

8. Theres never enough money when you're losing.

9. All the best stores in the country are everywhere but in Hawaii.

10. I really enjoyed hanging out with my sis, its been a while we got to spend time with each other(if your're reading this L, I never said that)

11. Coming home is awesome.

_________________________________________

Ok, apparently I can't count, so I might as well add a 12th one in...

12. If I were to pack up and run away from home, I would hide away in Anthropologie store, seeing as there is none in Hawaii (theres a shocker), I would catch a plane and move right in. This was the first time I got to go to one, I have ordered online but never been to one. I walked in circles to find the one in SF last year but couldn't find it, my sis said 'oh, it was the right around the corner from our hotel- I can't believe you missed it.' Thanks, L, that would have been useful information if we were STILL THERE. Anyway, LOVED it and will visit it again and blow some more money when I go to Seattle next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time - I'm so glad! I'm just sad I wasn't able to join in the fun. Next time. Let's do a girl's thing sometime - promise?

PS: Didn't you already know some of these- like #9 in particular? ;)