Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ship Hunting

I finally got around to getting the Halloween costumes for the kids. The boy wanted to be a pirate (pirate ship to be exact, but we knew what he meant anyway) and the girl wanted to be a witch (and she specified not the 'nice' kind). So I get the witch costume and wouldn't you know it there is apparently no such thing as a size 2 year pirate costume. Great.

Anyway, now I have to improvise at the thrift store, which would be fine if I had all the time in the world. I find a big oversize white button down (with little flower buttons, as c-girl quietly pointed out)a black oversize vest (which is wedding apparel, I suppose) and some black running pants which I will zig-zag cut to look torn at the bottom. Then a black pirate hat, eyepatch, required plastic sword (which will be used to torment everyone from now until Halloween) a red sash and black boots. Good grief, that took like an hour. Why can't he be a witch like his sister?

So all this comes home with me and of course they have to try all the clothes on, and play pirates until dinner. And during dinner. And when bathtime comes and goes they want to put it back on and perhaps sleep in it. Halloween is how many days away?


W: You like your Halloween costume c-boy?
C-boy: yes, I like being pirate ship, you be pirate ship with me daddy?
W: okay, and mommy can be witch too.
C-boy: yay, daddy be pirate ship and mommy be witch!

Good luck daddy. Find your own pirate ship costume.
And by the way, thanks for signing me up there.

2 comments:

Heather said...

too cute! I'd like to see what 'ship' costume the husband comes up with! lol

Anonymous said...

W dressed up as a pirate ship- can't wait!