Friday, October 13, 2006

whats up buttercup?

There are some things that have been happening since we got back.

- I can't get enough Starbucks Grande Pumpkin Latte (2 pumps flavor, non-fat, no whip please - and decaf if its after 2pm), its like yuppie crack, and all that great jazz music and velour comfortable chairs in Fall colors to lure me in. Or maybe because I know its seasonal and I will be sad when its gone. And such is my exciting life.

- My ear is huge and hurting, only the left side. W took me to the doctor yesterday, the poor soul knows how bad I am driving in town and then he had to wait about an hour and a half before I was done. Bless his heart. Anyway, the Dr doesnt know why its swollen and sore, no infection on the inside of my ear. Heh? He said it might have been anything, a blow to the head (wouldn't I have remembered that?)just a swollen gland, or infection somewhere near the lobe. Regardless, it hurts and the antibiotics have not kicked in yet if its an infection. It felt even better after c-boy grabbed my ears when I was dancing with him last night. I saw stars. Maybe it was that kind of blow to the head, I get those frequently.

- My kids have been behaving. Apparently, according to W, if we are calm all the time and firm and I stop saying 'ok?' after every suggestion I make of them the kids will be better behaved(e.g. "c-boy don't grab my ears like that, ok?" or "C-girl stop your whining, ok?"). I have to admit it seems to be working. I thought it was what I was doing all along but I'm surprised at how many times I have to supress my "ok?" There seems to be less whining and negotiating around here and less stress. Lets hope we(or I, anyway) can keep it up. The only thing there seems to be the same amount of is the fighting between the two angels. I'm thinking that will probably last the next 20 or so years anyway.

- C-girl walked from the car to her class by herself for the first time yesterday. W always drops her off and for some reason he asked if she wanted to walk in by herself, and she didn't even look back. Why would you facilitate the growing up process? It all happens so fast, for goodness sake don't help it along. When he told me I was at my desk at work and I started to tear up like a goon. The next customer who walked in to the office would be very uncomfortable, I can tell you that much. Anyway, I don't need my girl getting any older, thank you very much. All I could think about was her locking herself in her room tying up the phone line, rolling her eyes when she talks about her uncool parents and wanting to go to out without the likes of dorky us. Then come boys, and peer pressure, oh crap, I'm getting ahead of myself I know, but, ok I'm tearing again. Shut up.

So thats whats happening around here. This weekend it will be c-boy's 3rd b-day. Yay! Nothing really planned yet! Bad, bad procrastinating mommy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Swollen ear eh? I've no idea how big it is but that happened to me once and I couldn't figure out the cause. After the swelling went down a bit I was left with a little bump near the ear lobe that eventually went away too...I figure it was a spider bite of some sort...it hurt like a son of a gun.

Anonymous said...

Aww, C-girl is growing up! It's good thing! :) How's the ear?