Thursday, October 26, 2006

Stay Doggie Stay!

Okay, so Oliver is a sweetie. We got a call last night asking if we want to come see a girl cockapoo that will be available in a couple of weeks. Humph. I think I'm getting attached to the little bugger, and I almost felt offended we got the phone call. As if someone was trying to take my Mr. McPoodles away. Leave him alone, he's a friend of mine.

I think he's staying, what do you think?

In the meantime I'll be doing this...
Pumpkin Carving anyone???

And I may have to make this for Halloween night...


Vampire blood-orange gelatin

Preparation time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Chilling time: 10 hours
Servings: 12

--Executive chef Heather Terhune of Atwood Cafe and South Water Kitchen developed this recipe. Use one large mold or individual-sized 8-ounce ramekins.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
2 cups sugar
7 envelopes (1/4-ounce each) unflavored gelatin
4 1/2 cups blood orange or regular orange juice
2 Tbsps. orange-flavored liqueur

1. Combine 2 cups of the water and the sugar in a medium saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin. Set aside 1 minute to soften gelatin. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until sugar and gelatin dissolve, about 3 minutes. Stir in orange juice, liqueur and remaining 1 cup of water. Pour into a lightly oiled 10-cup mold; cover. Refrigerate until firm, at least 10 hours.

2. To unmold, dip mold briefly in hot water; invert a plate over gelatin. Flip gelatin onto the plate. Decorate with plastic spiders or other Halloween-like creatures

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing as I was the one lobbying for OMcP to stay, I'm happy about this! You have to keep him!