Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Careful What You Wish For

I just dropped off the boy at preschool. After giving him a kiss and hug he looks not as happy today, so I steer him near the other kids drawing, he knows one of them, so I think this will be fine. He looks at me, face crumpled and buries his head in my leg. Oh geez. This is where it gets hard. So I talk to him, by this time he's crying softly, my backbone is quickly evaporating. The principle comes over and picks him up (he's only 2 1/2 so he's a very small preschooler)I give him a kiss on the cheek and leave. The tears forming as I walk to the car. I'm in wimpy mommy mode. As I drive out I try to crane my neck to see if he is still being carried.

Oh, goodness. I take it back, what I posted earlier, I don't want a emotionfest.

Damn, where's my Duran CD and a Starbucks, I need a pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no- you bachi-ed yourself! :( So sad!