Friday, August 04, 2006

Co worker rant

I have a co-worker that annoys the crap out of me. He is so detailed and its not because he is efficient, I just think its a nervous habit. This is an example of a conversation we just had:
co-worker(cw)'Can you do this invoice?'
me 'ok'
cw 'its for ___, its for 2 screens and 1 rescreen'(this is right in front of me on the work order)
cw 'the first 2 are new and are _____ size and the rescreen is _____size' (again RIGHT in front of me)
cw 'its for my landlords son'(info i don't care about)
cw 'he does real estate' (again i give a rats ass)
cw 'the total without tax is ___ and the total is____' (oh my god - ITS IN FRONT OF ME)
me 'got it'(annoyance in my voice should be apparent by the clenching of my teeth)

See, the normal person would not give a rip about stuff like this, but this goes on ALL DAY.

If he was an easily likable guy, again this would not be a problem. But he bugs me constantly - heres some reasons why:

-He has a weird smell. Combination of a wet blanket, bad aftershave and metal(we work with a lot of aluminum)

-He is a major leach, if he sees any kind of snack on your desk he will immediately ask for some, with his hand already digging into it, and yet I have never seen him bring any snack to share with anyone else(I am very posessive about my snacks, unless you are a generous person, get your damn hands off my food, my husband knows all about my short arms when it comes to food). My parents have always regarded him like he was kind of family since he's been around for so long but he's always eating their food and helping himself to any soda in the fridge without replacing it.

-He constantly tries to throw all his work on everyone else, claiming its 'their customer' when really he is the only guy who is supposed to be helping the walk in customers. I told him as soon as he wants to give me a hand with the pensions, health insurance paperwork, certified payrolls to the government, accounting, payables, taxes, government passes, lien releases and banking I will help him with 'my customers'. That shut him up.

-He's kind of a mixture of the greasy 70's looking guys (he's in his early 50's) and Tobias from Arrested Development.

-The worst is his taste in music, he likes mostly 50's to 70's music which is fine with me I can deal with 70's music. I have my share of Eagles, Bread and Elton John. But once you play one CD thats ALL he wants to hear. I put something else in and he starts up with hey where did the Eagles go? He'll do this EVERYDAY until you just don't play it anymore so he stops bugging you. DON'T FEED THE BEAR. And he makes fun of my music, he has no idea who I'm playing (nothing from the 80's on computes with him)and he'll criticize it no matter what. I hate that. My mom puts up with my music better than him, so thats pretty bad. And if you know our office - the music selection IS MINE. I play nothing offensive or super loud - once I did play 'dance dance' by Fall Out Boy a bit loud and that didn't go over well with mom, but otherwise I keep it pretty tame.

- When you give him an answer to his constant questioning like 'i have no idea' which is what my default answer to him usually is, he always lets out an annoying noise. Its hard to explain, like the sound of a short burst of air forced out of a tire. Its a hugely sarcastic noise, almost like a laugh but with air. He does this ALL THE TIME.

I should be less hard on him but then he turns around and does something totally annoying and then I get irritated all over again.

Ok this was a long boring post but seriously the guy is unreal.

No comments: