Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Getting Picky

So the camera, not so good. I will have to try and use my elph at home and hopefully download it there. Crossing fingers.

On a better note our stocks are doing well, so Landscapers here we come! We'll probably call them and they won't be able to come for a few months. By then our stocks will dive and we'll have to postpone. Sorry, ugly yard. Why Miss Pessimistic! How do you turn a happy paragraph immediately into a depressed one?
Takes some talent.

My friend used the same landscapers for her yard. She said just to beware of the huge WWF looking ex-con that picks his nose. As far I can say, he can go to town with it whenever he wants. Just keep it in the yard is all I ask.

Found this recipe card from way back, its so easy and potluck friendly
I will try and posts pics of this over the weekend (camera permitting):

Southwestern Salad

6 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
3/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup Mexican style shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 cup tortilla chips, broken
Arrange lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate. Layer beans, corn, salsa, and cheese evenly over top. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chips.
Makes 4 servings of 1 and 1/2 cups each.

You can also add avocado and cilantro(cut big for non-cilantro lovers) if desired (i do!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you, little miss ESP woman! Oh and, extra thanks for going right from the WWF guy who picks his nose to a delicious salad recipe. :p Hey- remember that gross guy in high school (which one?) that wore that shirt that said, "I may not be smart, but I can lift heavy things"? HA!

(PS: that was me that deleted a comment before)

Anonymous said...

Yeah let's see pictures. I'm hungry.