Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Renovation

Okay, so Nonnahs suggested I post pics of a recent renovation I've had, (the one that ruined my already ugly yard) so these are some very badly taken pictures from last night(you would never know that my sis is a professional photographer - she got all the photo taking genes)- I hope you can't see that there are dishes in the sink - seriously didn't look before I took these at 11:00 :) - not that I would have rushed over and washed them anyway...


I have no before renovation pics, the only thing I can say is that the old kitchen ended about two feet after the sink. After that it was wall and ugly (but not as ugly as it is now) backyard. The dining area is where the back yard was too. The opposite side of the kitchen is a sitting area and then W's office and the other side of the dining room (which is right past the kitchen) is the t.v. room. We have another living room but thats used mostly for the kids toys and my sewing crap. I have some redecorating and furniture buying to do eventually, it looks quite plain when I look at these pictures, I had big plans, just too lazy and child bogged at the moment...

We did have a big back yard and now its just a small lanai with furniture and grill, and behind the house is a terrace that I can garden. It works out well that way since W is yard challenged and it looked like hell anyway. I can't blame him too much since he did redo the yard 3 times and the masons screwed it over big time. The funny thing is that he refuses to turn on the sprinkler - for fear of watering the weeds. Its true, I kid you not. So what grass that did survive the mason's beating is drying from this lovely summer heat. Those damn landscapers better be here soon. I'll post pics of the ugly yard when I have time during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see the place in person next time I'm home! :)