Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Ice Man Cometh

There was sheer chaos last night. I couldn't find my wallet on my way home from work.

So all these scenarios go through my head, -

-Like I dropped it in my car before I started work and someone from this shady area nabbed it from my car because I didn't lock it.

-Or that weird druggie guy that came in to buy screencloth, the total bill was $6.50. He had to go to the bank machine first to purchase it - how many druggies have money in the bank? He must have seen the wallet on my car seat and took it.

Now I can't find my phone. Iceman took my phone AND my wallet. He can do takeout faster that way I'm sure.

Then the neighbors come over and want to look at our flooring, apparently they are redoing their floors. They bring over their 3 year old and my genius and him are taking out ALL of the toys. Then they leave. Toys...everywhere...help me...

After all this I cook dinner. Its like 8 pm.

Meanwhile my kids are going nuts while I try and put a block on the gazzilion credit cards I have in there. "Excuse me Ma'am can you repeat that 16 digit number for the 3rd time, there's some commotion in the background" Um, yeah, that's my 2 year old screaming, what... the...? Is that ice cream dripping from your head? Genius child put the bowl on his head before finishing his ice cream.

For Pete's sake put it on your head AFTER your done.

By this time W and I are not talking to each other. He has made a stressful situation worse by being grouchy about my irresponsibility. Whatever, that's the least of my problems- SOME METH-HEAD HAS MY PRADA. Irresponsibility be damned.

I find my phone after closer examination of the contents of my purse, its very dark in there. Battery was dead so that would explain it not ringing. Hmmmm. Maybe I should have done that sooner. I'm starting to understand why the genius became that way.

Found the wallet when I came into work this morning.
On my desk.

Laughing at me.

Only this and this made me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dude. I've totally done that before. I feel your pain. Go listen to your 80's cd! I LOVE it, BTW! Thanks so much!! It totally made me happy on the way to work (which is no small feat). :)