Thursday, August 24, 2006

While Visions of Gingerbread Men Danced In Their Heads

Well, the Fuji camera still isn't budging. I think its the USB port so I may try and get another one before trying another camera. I also can't find my elph camera, it seems the world is against me. Meanwhile I am missing all kinds of cute pics of my kids. Not really. But its possible.

I got this wonderful recipe from Anna's Schoolhouse blog and it is so yummy and fallish I wanted to share it with you.
Schoolhouse Gingerbread

Combine and beat until smooth:

1 c. sugar
1 c. molasses
1 c. oil
3 eggs

In another bowl mix:

3/4 t. salt
1 t. cloves
1 t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda

Add to first bowl, then stir in:

1 c. boiling water.

Bake in greased and floured 8x8 pan at 350 for 45 minutes.
After cooled add some whipped cream (or ice cream even better).

My kids were so excited before it came out, then thoroughly disappointed it wasn't gingerbread men. Oh well, tough noogies is all I say. They liked it with whipped cream anyway.

I know, I need them pictures. I will try and find the elph tonight.

No comments: