Wednesday, August 23, 2006

You Light Up My Life

Good grief. Got no sleep last night. C-boy woke up at 3:30 am screaming and standing up. Apparently, the boy had peed everywhere. I mean its a lot. Gross. Then after cleaning him up and trying to put him on the other end of the bed I try to take the sheet and padded sheet underneath off the bed.

Apparently, the pad is stuck to the foam pad underneath it (which is never taken off- sorry kind of gross I know, but I do change the top sheet, I promise) and when I try to separate it I see a light. Okay, this is weird for me. It lights as I am taking it off. So excited that I have extraterrestrial sheets on my bed I run down to W's office (he starts work on NY time so he is on the computer already) to make him come and see my alien sheets.

At first he can't see anything (has to adjust to the dark, I guess)then he just says "um, static electricity?"

Me "Okay, yes, but isn't that unusual that its lighting up?"
Him "No"
C-boy "WHAAAAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOING, MOOMMMMYYYY WHERE ARE YOU"
C-girl "Is it morning? Can I have pancakes? Did you sign my field trip form?"
Me "Go to bed!"
Him *snicker snicker*

Okay, Mr. Wizard I am not. And yes, family beds do have a huge drawback, especially when your child has just been potty trained.

So no exciting alien discoveries. Mommy tired, kids grouchy when they woke this a.m. Pee everywhere. Lovely Wednesday everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sheets- I'm very scared. Gotta love middle-of-the-night-drama. :p