Monday, August 21, 2006

Doing Little Jig and a Sappy Poem

Well, I wanted post a bunch of stuff but as it is my camera won't download into my computer. Figures. My cousin in Japan sent me a Blythe doll and the cutest Blythe Calendar. I did the happy dance with my daughter, until she realized the doll wasn't for her. Then it seemed like the record screeched to a halt and the crickets chirped in the silence. eek eek eek eek. She wasn't thrilled 'bout that. I will post the pics of Blythe later, she's a doll (get it?)

I also took my munchkins to W's nieces birthday party at a gymnastics place in town. I have had my hunch that my c-boy has very little coordination skills. Its confirmed. I know he's only 2 but my daughter had more hand-eye coordination at that age. Here's hoping that he'll get it together soon, I'd hate to have to play the "well, you're good at math..." card. Maybe W should start teaching him chess, just in case.

Meanwhile I found this poem and thought it was so sweet. Just wanted to share...
Makes me sad to think one day my boy will be big -

Walk a Little Slower, Daddy

"Walk a little slower, Daddy,"
said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child
who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you.
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, give c-boy a break- he's only 2.5, and besides- don't boys develop slower than girls?