Thursday, August 31, 2006

Girls Night

Last night was 'girls night out' for me and c-girl. We do this about once or twice a month, I take out my daughter and W takes c-boy out on his own. We've been finding a lot of rivalry for my attention and my daughter usually gets the shaft since she's older and can do most things on her own. I, however, was disappointed when I asked her what she wanted to do and her first thought was, "can you buy me something?". Nice. Thats not what these 'girls' nights are for. So I decided to get away from that and just go out to the Town Center Chili's Restaurant and then ice cream afterward.

W thought we were going shopping so he goes to the Town Center... and we end up AT THE SAME PLACE. Okay how much of a girls night out can that be. Because he sees my car - in the parking space he wants - he veers out and ends up at the other end of the Town Center and goes to a different restaurant. How pathetic are we? No, Hawaii is not this small but we are both too lazy to drive out of our tiny town.

All in all we did have fun, eating nachos, talking and giggling and sharing some time. These are the memories I hope to keep in my ever cloudy brain. Why can't they stay this small forever?

2 comments:

Ali said...

That is such a lovely idea - we may have to introduce something similar as I am sick of two kids trying to talk each other down and get my undivided attention.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! What a great thing for you two (and W and c-boy) to spend some special time together. I love it! Take pictures next time!